Automation and Controls
Home Automation and controls allow you to monitor and manage your home from any computer or mobile device with an internet connection. More than just security, automation systems will enhance your life with convenience and peace of mind.
Remote Home Control
Contemporary technology allows you to virtually take your home with you, wherever you go. Whether you are at work or across the world, with the push of a button, you can:
- Check the thermostat
- Adjust your lighting
- Control your audio/video equipment
- Draw or open the shades or curtains
- Activate or disarm the security system
- View surveillance video footage
- Turn ceiling fans on or off
- Turn on your sprinkler system
- Open, close and check garage doors and gates
- Monitor the opening and closing of doors and windows
- Be alerted if an invasion, fire, gas or water leak is detected
Automation and controls can help you save energy – and rest assured that the electrical components of your home are not left running, when they shouldn’t be. For instance, with remote access, you never have to worry about whether or not you remembered to adjust the thermostat on your way out of the house. If you are ever uncertain, all you have to do is go online to your remote access console and adjust the HVAC from there. Optimizing your HVAC unit to run more slowly, while you are out of the house, can save you up to 40% on your heating and cooling expenses. And you never have to worry about walking into an uncomfortable home, because you can also use your remote access console to cool down or heat up the house, before you leave the office or return from vacation.
- An automated control system will allow you to conserve water and electricity. Irrigation systems can be programmed to sense the moisture in the soil and water the lawn only when it is necessary. Lights can be outfitted with sensors to make them automatically turn on and off, whenever a person enters or exits a room.
Security and Surveillance
Automation and control systems take security to a whole new level. Your automated system can be programmed to alert you whenever any type of activity takes place at your home.
- You can receive text messages to let you know whether your children made it home from school, or if your housekeeper or sitter arrived on time
- Your system can be programmed to contact you if it senses that the garage door or gate has been left open for an extended period of time
- Lights, curtains, televisions and stereos can be programmed to mimic your daily routines to create the illusion that you are home, while you are away
- Surveillance cameras can be programmed to automatically send you alerts and live video images of any activities that trigger them to begin recording
Unlike older security systems, contemporary automation and controls are wireless, which means the components communicate via a cellular signal. So there are no more wires for intruders to cut that will disengage your monitoring devices. And, an alert will automatically be sent when and if the system ever detects that an activated component has lost its signal or stopped communicating.
Entertainment and Entertaining
Home automation and controls will allow you to control every element of your home from a single console, which simplifies the tasks of entertaining. You can select a film, turn on the surround sound system, draw the blinds and dim the lights all from the comfort of your easy chair. You can also create the perfect atmosphere for entertaining throughout the house, right from the kitchen. You can soften the lighting and stream easy listening music into the dining room, while high energy dance music plays on the patio or any other room you choose.
Automation technology is our passion, and we can help you design a system that is perfectly customized to meet the needs of your home and lifestyle. If you have been considering automation and controls in Birmingham, Hoover, Vestavia, Mountain Brook or any nearby city in Alabama, call our team today.